Training Course on personal and professional development of volunteer groups through non-formal education
28 September – 6 October 2018, Manchester, United Kingdom
Themes of the training course:
Getting to know the renewed framework for European cooperation in the youth field (2010-2018) and its influence on our youth work in local and international level with special focus on voluntarism. Based on the renewed Youth work’ portfolio of Council of Europe to foster the quality and quantity of voluntary work and volunteer management among young people.
The overall aim of the training course is to train youth leaders on volunteer management along The renewed framework for European cooperation in the youth field (2010-2018) according to the European Commission and Youth work portfolio made by Council of Europe. To learn self – assessment as youth leaders, exploring own personal and professional strengths and weaknesses and how they could become competent leaders of their volunteers. To improve their leadership on preparing, implementing and evaluating voluntary youth projects.
Learning objectives of the training course are:
- To raise awareness on the objectives of The renewed framework for European cooperation in the youth field (2010-2018) with special focus on voluntarism;
- To make self – assessment on leadership competences through the renewed Youth work portfolio as an online tool;
- To improve competences as leadership, communication, self – esteem, organization, and management of tools and people.
- To be able to prepare, run and evaluate tools and methods on volunteer activities.
- To create new partner network among volunteer organizations and invent together future projects.
The methodology of the training course:
The training course will be based on non-formal education. We will use tools and manuals published by Council of Europe and European Commission, e.g. Youth work’ portfolio; The renewed framework for European cooperation in the youth field (2010-2018) and Youth in Action programme and Youthpass within Erasmus+. The training course will be built on the needs and expectations of our participants, so absolutely learner centered. During our training course, we will improve the leadership competences, communication skills, management and organizational skills and self – esteem as attitude of our participants. Methods we will use are self – assessment, theoretical and practical background, working in small groups, pairs, national and mixed groups, role plays, group building activities, research, creative and interactive methods.